Nike Air More Uptempo '96Men's
The Retro Comeback
Chicago had a banner year in 1996, and all those successes of MJ's original team are what the Nike Air More Uptempo '96 is all about. With branding that was more design centerpiece than subtle addition, it made waves on and off the court. The massive "AIR" text on the upper let everyone in on the lux inner-cushioning, and what was powering Scotty Pippen's performance that season. Adding to the '90s nostalgia, the shoe has been resurrected in new colorways to celebrate one of the most stand-out basketball sneakers of that decade.
Court Performance, Style Setter
The Nike Men's Air More Uptempo '96 may have made its debut on the basketball court, but it eventually became a style icon pretty much immediately when Pippen and Chicago secured the championship that same year. Pippen would also bring the "Olympic" colorway to the 1996 summer games in Atlanta, Georgia, as Team USA won another gold medal, further cementing its legacy.
Nike Men's Air More Uptempo '96 Features:
• Signature big block "AIR" branding across upper for instant recognition.
• Leather, nubuck, or synthetic upper depending on colorway for lasting durability.
• Molded TPU eyestays and speed-lacing system for easy on/off.
• Elastic bands on tongue keep your foot secure.
• Pull tabs on tongue and heel for easier access.
• Full-length visible Air Sole cushioning for exceptional comfort.
• Rubber outsole adds increased traction and durability.